- The thermostats with bridging contacts are designed for regulation of air temperature, temperature of liquids and gases and are widely used in electric water heaters, dishwashing and clothe washing machines, drying machines, electric furnaces, etc.
- The thermostat is used to prevent freezing of water heaters and heat exchangers according to exhaust air temperature readings.
- The operating logic is based on volumetric thermal extension.
- The thermostatic bulb is located in the copper sleeve.
- Liquid placed inside the thermostatic bulb is heated, expanded and its excessive volume is transferred through the capillary tube to the bellows.
- The bellows are elongated and transmit force to the relay contact.
- Thus the set temperature is maintained in the system.
- The thermostat casing is made of plastic.
- The temperature probe is made of copper.
- The response temperature is set by rotation of the disk in the casing.